Transform Your Inner Critic
Address Your Pain Points, Your Self-Sabotaging, & Learn to Let Go
WHO THIS COURSE IS FOR:
- You find yourself thinking, "Once I ___(lose weight, get the degree, leave my job,etc.), then I'll finally be happy."
- You criticize every line on your face and every soft place on your body.
- You compare yourself to or find yourself judging other women all the time (especially their social media feeds).
- Your life feels chaotic or out of control or you've lost touch with your values and motivation.
- You judge other women all the time.
- You neglect your needs emotional and physical needs.
- You feel rudderless or like you don't have a purpose.
- You feel like you aren't good enough, smart enough, or attractive enough.
- You’re tired of staying stuck in the same patterns, spending money, emotionally eating, controlling, obsessing, wanting so bad to change something, but not knowing how.
- You want to feel less burdened by fear and self-doubt.
- You want to make a greater positive difference in the world but feel held back in some way.
Readings & Video Lessons:
- Taking an Inventory
- Identifying What Gets in the Way
- Tools for Managing Difficult Emotions, Stress, & Anxiety
- Understanding Your Critics Origin Story
- Break the Saboteur's Control
- The Antidote to the Inner Critic
- Increase Your Motivation to Change
- Healing Light Meditation
- Our Parts Meditation
- Body Scan Meditation
- Receiving Compassion Meditation
In-depth looks at the following topics:
- The Brain's Default Mode Network
- Part's Work
- The Neuroscience of Visualization
HOW YOU WILL CHANGE:
- You stop criticizing every line in your face and every “soft” spot on your body when you look in the mirror.
- You don’t feel that sinking feeling of despair from comparing yourself to others.
- You get clear on your values and motivation for making lasting change.
- You treat yourself better and with less judgement and in turn treat others with compassion.
- You nurture and nourish yourself instead of neglecting or punishing yourself (purposefully or not).
- You live in alignment with your values and with integrity.
- You have clarity and a detailed plan for reaching your goals.
- You have more confidence and direction in your life.
- You stop sabotaging yourself.
AT THE END OF THIS COURSE YOU WILL HAVE:
- A deepened understanding of your pain points - what your triggers are, what holds you back from engaging in life the way you desire.
- More control over your own thought patterns.
- Relief and unburdening from your past pain points.
- A dissolving of the things that have a hold on your life.
- Confidence and empowerment.
- Strength from developing new practices and learning how to tolerate discomfort.
*Disclaimer: This course is not meant as a substitute for seeking help from a licensed medical or mental health professional. This is course is not a substitute for psychotherapy. The information available through this course may act as a supplement to, and NOT a substitute for, the knowledge, skill, and judgment of a licensed professional. The information in this course assembles the evidence compiled and analyzed by others, with sources provided accordingly. Mental health conditions are complex, people differ widely in their conditions and responses, and interactions with other conditions and treatments are best evaluated by a physical examination and consultation with a qualified clinician. Information accessed through this course is neither complete nor exhaustive and does not cover all disabilities, diseases, illnesses and physical conditions or their management or treatment. To find a therapist or qualified professional in your area visit Find a Therapist or request a referral from your PCP. In the event of a mental health emergency call 911 or go directly to your local hospital's emergency department.
Sarah Dergins, LCSW is a psychotherapist, consultant, and psychoeducator. She is passionate about providing evidence-based psychoeducational tools for increasing emotional intelligence, emotional regulation skills, confidence, and balance for individuals who desire to learn more about their brain, nervous system, and emotions. All courses are for psychoeducational purposes only and are not a substitute from seeking help from a licensed mental health or medical professional.
Sarah Dergins, LCSW is a behavioral health administrator and experienced psychotherapist. She has provided training and psychoeducation services to clinicians and thousands of individuals through her writing and social media platform Original Worth on topics including behavioral health, emotional regulation, and use of evidence-based practices for taming self-defeating thoughts and building confidence.
Sarah received undergraduate degrees in chemistry and psychology from Washington College, and melded her passion for science with her compassion for people and pursued a master’s degree in social work from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
Sarah is a graduate of UNC-Prime Care specialized training program for integrated behavioral healthcare and is trained in mindfulness and self-compassion based therapy, motivational interviewing, solution focused, cognitive behavioral, and psychodynamic therapies. She has a strong grounding in the interpersonal process approach based on attachment theory.
StartTaking an Inventory (4:56)
StartIdentifying What Gets in Our Way (5:45)
StartTools for Managing Difficult Emotions, Stress, & Anxiety
StartUnderstand Your Critic's Origin Story (6:21)
StartBreak the Saboteur's Control (3:47)
StartThe Antidote to the Inner Critic (6:24)
StartIncrease Your Motivation for Change (4:13)