Small, Daily Practices to Take Control of Your Stress without Taking a Vacation
WHO THIS COURSE IS FOR:
- You feel run down, emotionally and physically drained and long for rest.
- Your life feels chaotic or out of control.
- You neglect your needs emotional and physical needs.
- You feel burnt out and don't know how to recharge your battery.
- You don't have the time (or money) to practice "self-care", to go to yoga or the spa and are looking for small things you can do for a bit of reprieve on a daily basis.
HOW YOU WILL CHANGE:
- You feel more control over your emotions and can identify when you need a break.
- You know small practices to use to feel better and when to use them.
- You treat yourself better and with less judgement and in turn treat others with compassion.
- You nurture and nourish yourself instead of neglecting or punishing yourself (purposefully or not).
- You learn ways to emotionally regulate.
AT THE END OF THIS COURSE YOU WILL HAVE:
- Daily practices to go into your day with more clarity.
- An increased sense of emotional space.
- More control over your own thought patterns and emotions.
- Strength from developing new practices and learning how to tolerate discomfort.
- The best practices in neuroscience and positive psychology for mental health and wellness.
- Day 1: The Science of Sleep and How to Wake Up
- Day 2: 5-Minute Morning Routine
- Day 3: How to do the Miracle Morning
- Day 4: Building Connection for Well-Being
- Day 5: Using Savoring to Increase Satisfaction
- Day 6: How to Utilize Gratitude
- Day 7: How to Practice Mindfulness
10-Page Restoration Toolkit
- Step-by-Step guide for how to utilize:
- Body Scan
- Sending Compassion Practice
- Receiving Compassion Practice
- Mediation to Quiet the Inner Critic
- Guided Daily Examen (reflection)
- Defining and Setting Boundaries
- Practice to Re-Wire the Brain in 1 min/day
- Day 1: Emotional Regulation
- Day 3: How to do the Miracle Morning
Check out Resources for in-depth looks at the following topics:
- Waking and Sleep
- Creating Affirmations that Actually Work
*Disclaimer: This course is not meant as a substitute for seeking help from a licensed medical or mental health professional. This is course is not a substitute for psychotherapy. The information available through this course may act as a supplement to, and NOT a substitute for, the knowledge, skill, and judgment of a licensed professional. The information in this course assembles the evidence compiled and analyzed by others, with sources provided accordingly. Mental health conditions are complex, people differ widely in their conditions and responses, and interactions with other conditions and treatments are best evaluated by a physical examination and consultation with a qualified clinician. Information accessed through this course is neither complete nor exhaustive and does not cover all disabilities, diseases, illnesses and physical conditions or their management or treatment. To find a therapist or qualified professional in your area visit Find a Therapist or request a referral from your PCP. In the event of a mental health emergency call 911 or go directly to your local hospital's emergency department.
Sarah Dergins, LCSWA is a licensed clinical social worker associate and psychotherapist. Sarah received undergraduate degrees in chemistry and psychology from Washington College, and melded her passion for science with her compassion for people and pursued a master’s degree in social work from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
Sarah is a graduate of UNC-Prime Care specialized training program for integrated behavioral healthcare and is trained in mindfulness and self-compassion based therapy, motivational interviewing, solution focused, cognitive behavioral, and psychodynamic therapies. She has a strong grounding in the interpersonal process approach based on attachment theory. Sarah is currently pursuing certification in the internal family systems model for treating complex trauma.
Additionally, Sarah is a Duke-UNC trained tobacco treatment specialist and a graduate of the National Outdoor Leadership School (NOLS).
StartLesson 1: Regulate & Calm Your Nervous System (1:20)
StartLesson 2: How to Feel More Rested to Start Your Day
StartLesson 3: Super-charge Your Morning (7:35)
StartLesson 4: The Power of Connection on Your Well-Being
StartLesson 5: Savor
StartLesson 6: Why & How to Use Gratitude
StartLesson 7: How to Practice Mindfulness